Friday, September 24, 2010

Un-banish-ed?

Sorry I've been away so long.  My workplace is apparently on the fence as to whether blogspot.com is a "non-value-added" website, since it was blocked for a few weeks, and now apparently is back.  I know I can blog from any computer really, but my evenings and weekends have been so packed that I usually just fit in a quick 20 minutes of downtime during work to compose my posts.  Maybe this doesn't make me the best employee ever, but if I don't have occasional distractions I'm going to be unhappy, and that doesn't make for a great worker either.

So we'll have to see if this lasts.  If I recall correctly, something similar happened with twitter, where it was available, blocked, available and then blocked for good.  Fingers crossed this will be different and I'll get back to blogging more regularly.  Otherwise, I'll try to find time in the evenings to check in but I doubt it would be as frequent.

At the moment, I'm pretty busy, so the next "real" blog post will probably be next week.  In the meantime, here's a fun picture of some Michigan blueberries.  We had steel-cut oats for breakfast this morning, with some of these delicious guys defrosted and thrown in.  Yum!  Good thing there's still more than 10 lbs left in the freezer!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I wish all workplaces realized that little brain breaks throughout the day really can make a huge difference on employee's motivation & ability to get work done!

    Looking forward to seeing what wonderful things you make with all those blueberries!

    ReplyDelete