Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Morning Photo Album

I realized recently that my blog doesn't have enough pictures on it.  I like to take pictures, but typically I'll just take them, upload them from the camera to the PC and leave them there without ever really looking at them again.  So, in an effort to take more and better sort my photos, I'll try to put one up here every week or so. I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to take some fun pics to share.

Also, though I took a photography class in high school, using a (non-digital) SLR, I typically just use a boring non-technical point-and-shoot these days.  I still remember things about film speed, F-stops and the like, but it's not a high enough priority for me to shell out the big bucks for an all-out digital SLR.  Just consider these weekly snapshots, then.


This weekend Stacia and I went to Honey Creek Resort in southern Iowa for a special geocaching weekend event.  I'll try to write a longer post about geocaching sometime, but for now I'll just say that this is from a morning hike to collect caches.  Despite how things may look in this shot, it was a really pleasant time.  The weather was cool, and there was a light misty drizzle in the air.  It seemed no one else wanted to brave the elements, so we had the trails (and the caches) all to ourselves.  This particular picture is from a lookout point toward the bay on Rathbun Lake where the resort is situated.  Out through that inlet is the main lake; I kept looking for some fog out there but I think all the gray was just the color of the expanse of sky and water.  It was a great and action-packed weekend overall, but for this moment everything was just quiet, relaxing and serene.

1 comment:

  1. It was a really peaceful hike. Cool and calm. What a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete